Leonardo DiCaprio Burns the Amazon

Uh huh

Without offering proof, Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro on Friday said actor Leonardo DiCaprio had funded nonprofit groups that he claimed are partly responsible for fires in the Amazon this year.

Bolsonaro’s remarks about the American actor were part of a wider government campaign against environmental nonprofit groups operating in Brazil.

“DiCaprio is a cool guy, isn’t he? Giving money to set the Amazon on fire,” the president said to supporters in Brasilia.

DiCaprio’s environmental organization Earth Alliance has pledged $5 million to help protect the Amazon after a surge in fires destroyed large parts of the rainforest in July and August. But the actor and committed environmentalist said in a statement sent to The Associated Press Friday his group had not funded any of the two nonprofits named by investigators so far.

“While worthy of support, we did not fund the organizations targeted,” the statement read. “The future of these irreplaceable ecosystems is at stake and I am proud to stand with the groups protecting them.”

Some members of Bolsonaro’s administration argue that civil society groups and environmental laws hinder economic development in the region.

17 Responses to Leonardo DiCaprio Burns the Amazon

No surprise,  The Left loves to use false-flag and to construct “crises” for consumption by idiots like Jiffy and LeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeRoy.  And they’ll be here to troll shortly.

How so, dud?  Or did you miss the “Without offering proof” part?

Yup.  The troll showed up just like I predicted.  And argued about the story without offering proof.

You’re a regular psychic, Dad29.  Can you predict when Kevin will turn this into a discussion about the Big Bang, evolution, or just how awful and disgusting this is?  Can you also predict when that other guys appears, the one whose comments disappear quickly?

I can predict one thing,jjf, you’ll never win a debate.

I’m sorry, I should have included Le Roi the above comment, but saying he will any arguement is like saying the Cincinnati Bengals will win the Super Bowl this year. Or that a Democrat will win the presidency in 2020. Or that the Milwaukee Brewers will win the World Series in the next 5 years. Or that President Trump will be removed from office by a GOP controlled Senate. Or that liberals are not racist. Or that Kevin will be elected Pope.

“but saying he will any arguement ”

And I’m the uneducated one.  Not.

Le Roi, you haven’t proved that. Show me the proof.

See above.

That’s not a scientific answer. I need facts, opinions.

mar:

You can’t spell, nor write a sentence. It doesn’t require a scientific proof to see that. Nor can you tell the difference between a former all-star first baseman and a convicted murderer.

Why do you libs drag me into this discussion?

At least Mar is funny/hilarious when he brings me up. You libs tend to false witness when you mention my name.

Awful. Just awful.

And yet Le Roi, you have never won a debate here. Debating you is like debating a cantaloupe. Sure you get something inside your head, but it’s mostly mush with some seeds floating around.

Well mar, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but not your own set of facts.

I don’t view this as a win or lose situation, but rather an opportunity to provide knowledge to those lacking in those areas. It’s your decision to whether to absorb new ideas or remain in the dark. Being smarter never hurt anyone, not even you.

Except, Le Roi, you are wrong so often, one can never tell if you are making things up as you go along or just lazy to find the truth or just plain wrong or you are trolling.

Well at least I didn’t use AP for a source.  That puts me at least one up on you.  And Keith vs Aaron, that’s two.  Looks like you are still 0 for 2019.

Mar, what does “won a debate” mean in this context?  Have you looked closely at the ruffians to your left and right at this bar?