Police Officers Leaving The Job

Can you blame them?

MILWAUKEE — Milwaukee police say a recent spike in retirements and resignations is a result of the recent unrest.

“Our law enforcement people don’t want to be here anymore,” Assistant Chief Regina Howard said. “I think that’s really tough because of everything going on out there.”

To date in 2020, 75 officers have resigned or retired. Since May 25, 26 (about 35 percent) of those letters were filed. In all of 2019, 69 officers retired or resigned.

“Every single day, there are resignation and retirement letters coming up to the chief’s office,” Howard said. “From members we wouldn’t have expected.”

“These are lieutenants, captains, that play integral roles as it relates to this department,” Assistant Chief Michael Brunson said. “They had dates they were planning on retiring. Because of the environment, because of what’s going on in the zeitgeist, they are deciding to push those retirements up because of this.”

And how many more are taking a step back from policing? How many are just looking the other way when that car blows through a red light? How many are only responding to calls? How many are spending their tours just driving around minding their own business? How many crimes are being committed as our police retreat into the safety of inaction?

34 Responses to Police Officers Leaving The Job

With liberals assaulting them, their honor, and their character, can you blame them?

Liberals have been awful, just awful to police.

2. Pat says:

Same thing happened to teachers.

Really, Pat? Seriously?

You bet, Act 10. Ditto with public employees.

That’s policy, Le Roi. I don’t recall very many people standing in front of me when I was teaching, swearing at me, throwing things at me, following me to my home and harassing my family etc.

PAt,

I agree liberalism has been awful, just awful to teachers.

Glad we agree on that.

But we are talking about how awful liberals have been toward police officers.

Well I remember well walker and my Dept Secretary calling us all sorts of names. Divide and conquer!!

What names did they call you?

Meanwhile, waiting for Le Roi to state the names Givernor Walker and the Dept. Secretary called him.
    Or are you lying again, Le Roi?

It’s been a few weeks since LeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeRoy claimed Walker robbed him of $6Large, and he still has not told us how.

Moral of the story:  Don’t hold your breath waiting for LeeeeeeeeeeeeeRoy to disclose ALL the truth.

What on Earth are you fixating on, Dad29?

Well, jjf, we ste fixating on what a LIAR Le Roi is.
    Maybe you accept lying. But on these blogs, your only creditability is to tell the truth.
    Le Roi and Pat don’t tell the truth.
    Do they have creditability to you?

Still waiting on Pathological Liar Le Roi to say what names Governor Walker and the Department Secretary called him.
    Just lying as usual.
    Just like a 6 year old.

You won’t get anything from him Mar, he never responds, and only moves on to the next topic.   The very definition of an internet troll.  Snipe some noise and FUD into an adult discussion and then slink away.

15. Randall Flagg says:

Meh.  An opportunity to bring and promote officers who are not part of the ‘blue wall of silence’  that has lead to incidents like the death of George Floyd and many others.

I know Jason. But you remember that Le Roi said he spent 32 years working with law enforcement. I might be wrong, but I don’t recall Governor Walker saying many bad things about law enforcement.
    Just another lie from Le Roi.

Probably a gross exaggeration, I’d wager he’s equating his 32 years as a school crossing guard as “working with law enforcement”.

Lets not forget his other long dis-proven whoppers like how Walker himself stole 6k from Leroy, or how he’s out many thousands of dollars due to buying non-refundable airline tickets for extended family to visit.  The guy seems more like an unstable nut job than a peaceable northern wood commoner.

j and m:

Your comprehension and memory skills are no better than k’s . Were you as smart as you want others to think you are you would recall my answers. But you aren’t , and you don’t. I can’t help you with those issues, you guys have to deal with those on your own.

Troll is back at it. No answers are his currency.

Lots of laughs Pathological Liar Le Roi. You never said anything like it.
    Your dementia is almost as bad as Joe Biden’s. Close but not quite. Joe is acting on 3 brain cells and Le Roi is acting on 4 cells.

Still waiting Le Roi to know what names Governor Wzlker and the Dept. Secretary called you.
    But you are lying again.
    And you liberal ilk still won’t call you out.

How can we calculate what Foxconn has cost each of us?  Does anyone agree on the math?

Well Johnny, if you’re trying to apply Foxconn to Leroy’s stupid statement, he was extremely specific in the dollar amount “Stolen” from him by one Scott Walker.  And yet he has NEVER given any more detail.  That’s why we consider it debunked, just like his non-refundable airline tickets.

24. Randall Flagg says:

Good point jjf.  Isn’t it funny how Republicans are no longer talking about Foxconn nonstop?  Almost like Trump does not incessantly mention hydroxychloroquine anymore?

It’s almost as if Foxconn and  hydroxychloroquine have not nearly lived up to the hype?

But that can’t be because the party of personal responsibility and accountability would admit they were wrong, wouldn’t they?

Short attention span theater.

Guys,  (assuming you are guys), I answered your questions long ago.  Your inability (or denial) to recall the response isn’t my fault.  But casting blame is a big part of your ideology, so no one is surprised by your tactics, however lame they may be.  But I will say this, you are consistent.

Debunked Leroy, they’ve been debunked.  No matter what you say now, it’s not going to change the opinion of a handful of us who have debunked those statements.  Funny that Johnny Foust asks for “Short attention span theater” and you appear repeating yourself.  They say dementia is like a shrinking brain… your’s didn’t have much room to begin with :(

Well j, you entitled to your own opinion, regardless of how fact averse it may be.  Enjoy

Wow I sure got put in my place. And yet I’m not wrong with my statements… odd how your response is so “troll-like”.

Le ROI suffers from a severe case of mythomania and pseudologia fantastic.
    Otherwise known as Fletcher Reedeitis.

Just stating the facts, obvious facts.  How you deal with them is up to you.  I’ll bet you can’t refrain from some juvenile name-calling.

What facts, Le Roi? Delusions in your mind are not facts.
    And when you start acting like an adult, we’ll treat you like an adult. It really is that simple.

Le Roi… or doxxing.

34. Randall Flagg says:

jjf:  they exhibit the same level of maturity as Trump.